The rules of these arcade tournaments are as follows:
- A number of arcade games are played in single player mode
- The player who achieves the worst score gets 1 point, second worst gets 2 points and so on...
- The player who achieves the best score on a game receives one additional 1 point bonus
- The winner of a game will be the first one to play the next game, second will play after him/her and so on...
- When all games have beeen played, the player with most points wins the tournament and six bottles of beer.
SEPTEMBER 'FROM 1978 TO 1980' TOURNAMENT 1999
I'll tell you a secret about this very first arcade tournament: a sin was committed when this tournament was held. Asteroids was played on an emulator, and we used a raster screen to play it. Shock horror!
Arno won with 25 points - this was the first of his many soon-to-be victories.